Thursday, December 16, 2010

Vibe Energy Gum



Vibe Energy Gum


Ten pieces of gum in one tube. To me, that seemed like a good deal. I mean you have to figure that at 40mg of caffeine per piece, if you have two pieces, that’s 70 cents a serving. The average cup of coffee has about 80mg of caffeine in it right? And that usually costs far more than 70 cents, right? Plus, after your coffee, your breath is not exactly minty fresh. At least mine is not.


Vibe Energy Gum has a blend of caffeine, ginseng, and guarana, AND is sugar-free. The gum has a minty flavor, and has an interesting characteristic that most of the gum products, caffeine or not, do not have. Vibe Energy Gum is made using compressed powder. It is pressed into a little tablet looking piece of gum that resembles a mint. When you first start chewing you get the sensation that you have just started eating a piece of old dried up gum. It is kind of crumbly and grainy. After about ten seconds though, the graininess is gone and it has the texture of any other gum. Kind of cool trick I think! The flavor was a decent minty flavor, with no bitterness, which I found to actually last longer than I expected. Many of the other gums I have tried last about 10 minutes before you get the bland rubbery taste. This gum lasted 15 to 20 minutes before the majority of the flavor was gone. Now to me, that is long enough. With the oral absorption you get with caffeine in gum products, 95% is absorbed within the first 10 minutes anyhow. So tell me why would I need the flavor to last 30-40 minutes?

Since I ate two pieces of the gum I took in about 80mg of caffeine. That was enough to perk me up after the meal I had just eaten. Now, it wasn’t like the caffeine buzz I get from some other products that have 150-200mg caffeine, but it was enough to keep me going for a couple of hours.

Overall, I am a fan of this product. It comes in a cool aluminum tube that resembles a cigar container, has a good flavor, interesting texture experience, decent kick, and reasonably priced. Negatives? Don’t really have any that come to mind. 


So.........Here are Caffeinedaddy's rankings. (10 out of 10 is obviously the best)


Taste:       8


Price:       9


Kick:        8


Overall:   9 out of 10.    Good Product!!

This product can be found at caffeinedaddy.com. just follow the link below.

No comments:

Post a Comment